Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What did he say? He said the sheriff is near.

The Santa Anas are blowing, the sky is clear, a shooting star crossed a half-moon and a black man is going to be President of these here United States. As John McCain's idiot supporters chant against and boo Obama's name I can't help but feel that quite possibly the reign of the white supremacist is finally drawing to a close. The weight of the evil and venal acts and beliefs of one of the most subsidized and coddle people in all of human history may finally be lifted from the shoulders of what has always been a potentially great country. For the first time in all of my thirty six (soon to be thirty seven) years I feel proud of my country. ¡Si, se puede, pendejos! In the sense that I am actually capable of any real human emotion, I'm very close to crying tears of patriotic joy. Seriously, can everyone just get a fucking day off tomorrow?

As an aside, how the fuck is William Bennett on CNN being asked questions and taken seriously? He's a fucking totem for the cycle of idiocy, hypocrisy, and venality that we just, as a country, voted out of office! I hope the chickens finally have come home to roost and I hope we can all stop listening to, reporting on, or even vaguely entertaining the ideas or opinions of people like Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh, or Bill "I Loves To Gamble" Bennett.

Peace out, bitches!

4 comments:

savannah said...

amen, baby boy! we have turned the corner and can look forward to a better day! it's a great day for america!

savannah said...

what would we do without blazing saddles?

Momentary Madness said...

Blazing day for you America, and the world.
I feel American today.
I can smell the freedom: majority man, say it again MAJORITY.
a HELL OF A LOT OF WORK TO DO THOUGH, NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT.
Have a good day man.

captain chaos said...

Thanks to you both. The new thing to say at work is now "I'm black, bitch!" Then you high five or soul slap or "bump fists" or whatever. Good times.