Saturday, July 2, 2011

"It doesn't take a genius to see that the world has problems." "No, but it takes a room full of morons to think they're small enough for you to handle."

I have been gone for awhile. Not physically. Just digitally. I'm sort of thinking about trying to put together a committee to explore the possibility of beginning to plan on coming back. Maybe.

I love it when comedians do the old, "So what's in the news?" bit. I was thinking about that today while perusing the headlines. Obama and the Dems have shown their true colors: a stripe down the back that's a mix of yellow and green. That he's the first black president of these here United States is laudable. That he's a lackluster soon to be one term surrender monkey is par for the course. I feel that as a country we are collectively engaged in a delusion that serves only the interests of our corporate overlords. Think that's ridiculous? Count the logos on the clothes you're wearing right now. Walk outside and notice how few things aren't branded. Contemplate this: name one country we've tried to democratize or liberate or otherwise save from themselves that some huge multinational didn't already have a stake in. If you're honest with yourself you'll come up with zero. Unplug from the Matrix and eat the fucking gruel already, America! These fuckers are going to bleed you dry and recycle your ass for the next group of suckers coming down the road.

It's okay, though. It'll all be fine. The oceans will collapse, the mountains will collapse, the whole ecosystem that most people are too stupid to realize they're a part of will collapse. We'll be running around like the hairless apes we are, panicked and paralyzed with fear. I hope I live long enough to see it because I swear I will find the nearest Republican or Libertarian or Democrat and slap him silly while saying, "I told you so!" That or I'll find a banker or hedge fund manager and choke him while saying, "I told you so!"

As always, Peace out, bitches!

4 comments:

savannah said...

so, moving is taking a toll on you? xox

captain chaos said...

Life is taking a toll on me and by life I don't just mean my immediate surroundings. I think I feel a change in the wind, says I. The country is gearing up for something supremely stupid and it's bothering me something fierce.

CreoleBeBop said...

It's always been this way. I've been revisiting an old book during the holidays. You may like it - Toward an American Revolution, Exposing the Constitution & Other Illusions b Jerry Fresia.

Check it out - we'll chat.

mark said...

This country made it through The Great Depression and the Dust Bowl Years too. We have found a way to survive. My outlook is only slightly more positive than yours. I am basing this on the fact that Americans spend more than 250 million dollars per year on their pets.