Tuesday, January 15, 2013

For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it. Too long I've been starving to death and haven't died. I feel nothing. Not the wind on my face nor the spray of the sea. Nor the warmth of a woman's flesh.

It's 5:30 in the morning and I'm coming apart at the seams. This is not a good thing.

I'm in Spain for work but it feels like I've been kidnapped. We've been down for almost a week. Contracts have changed. Sponsors have dropped out. We have no one to shoot.

I've been trying to keep it together, filling the hours with yoga, weights, running, skateboarding, beer and cigarettes. It's not quite working as I'm beginning to feel the thin veil of sanity that I'm wearing begin to fray. It will tear soon. This is not a good thing.

I've come to realize that among my legion of character defects is the inability to do nothing. Some of the guys on the crew are content with drinking heavily and hitting on whatever woman is unfortunate enough to be near them. Others are diligently working the Interwebs trying to set up next month's jobs. No one is having a good time.

I no longer want to be here. This job is falling apart. I haven't been able to sleep for days now no matter how hard I break myself during the day. Beer? Over it. Smoking? Over it. Skateboarding? Almost over it. Sight seeing? We're not exactly here during the season where anything is actually open. Alicante has been interesting though but...

I'm  not on a vacation. If I were on a vacation I'd have my kids here and my wife and I wouldn't be rambling at 5:30 in the morning. I'm here to work. If there's no work then why am I here?

The added fuck you bonus of the whole thing is that The Company is sure to try and renegotiate our contract to reflect a decline in my take home money due to all of our down days. I'm gone all month and I will have made less than had I stayed home? Fuck you. Send me back now.

In theory we have everything set so that in another day or two (please, blessed holy unicorn don't let it be two days!) we will grind straight through until it's time to leave. All I can think of right now is how much I want to be in my bed with Stretch and Ghost sleeping at our feet and the kids in their beds and what do you guys want to do tomorrow?

It's the down time that's fucking killing me. I can't take the nothing.

Peace out, bitches!

3 comments:

savannah said...

any word? any news? whachadoin? reading? we miss you. xox

captain chaos said...

We get back to work tomorrow. Finally! I just want this week to go by quickly so I can get back to the fam.

Blog27999 said...

Your Affiliate Profit Machine is ready -

And making money with it is as easy as 1-2-3!

Here is how it works...

STEP 1. Tell the system which affiliate products you want to promote
STEP 2. Add some PUSH button traffic (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products all on it's own!

Do you want to start making profits?

Check it out here