Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's a robot. Ash is a god damn robot!

I had a bunch of shit to say but domestic bliss has led me to write this: nothing.

Half a bottle of wine later: Is it wrong that on occasion I am seized with the maniacal desire to do something completely against my own self-interest? Is it wrong that despite my deep desire to have a happy union and spawn I also crave time alone? Why do I find compromise so easy to accomplish but so hard to actually accept?

Perhaps another bottle of wine will help. Perhaps.

Strangely enough, watching Kagemusha while thinking about all of this is not helping.

Oops. Almost forgot about Movie Clip Wednesday. Best Action Movie if Die Hard and Raiders are taken? Try this on and tell me it's not hilarious:
1) the Governator in prime form with a priceless one-liner every other sentence.
2) Rae Dawn Chong. Yeah, Rae Dawn Chong does it for me and she has a fucking rocket launcher at some point in this movie.
3) the saw blade to the head scene!
4) could it be any worse in terms of story, acting, and well, just about everything?
5) it's all ridiculous action! I mean, what else happens besides death and mayhem?
6) Rae Dawn Chong.

Peace out, bitches!

4 comments:

Joanna Cake said...

Im a big Arnie fan but I dont think Ive actually seen this one! I shall get me to LoveFilm immediately :)

savannah said...

good call on the movie! xoxox

Karl said...

Good morning captain,

Good choice.

Jenny said...

We had a drinking game for Arnold movies... anytime anything implausible happened we took a shot. It's just one of the reasons I liked his movies. He was also a great big hero and reminded me of Johnny Weismuller in the Tarzan movies. Me Arnie, you small.

Great pick! Happy MCW