Wednesday, November 23, 2011

You ever feel as if your mind had started to erode?

I am experiencing an extended period of frustration with my fellow Angelenos. Every day I'm on the road and stuck in traffic is another day that I feel like pulling away from society. Leaving them all behind and finding somewhere to just be alone. I feel like retreating into the wilderness or what's left of the wilderness.
Everyone else just seems so trivial lately. That's a horrible thing to say but at least it's honest. Last night as I was sitting in two hours worth of traffic to go 20 miles I heard a news report that stated that the latest tech boom was at stadiums. Everything needs to be wired apparently. Pretty soon you'll be able to watch instant replays on your smart phone while placing a beer order so you don't have to wait in line. One woman who was interviewed said she was a huge sports fan and having every replay right in your hands was something everyone would want. Personally, I don't see how you need more than just watching the game that you're physically attending. I guess I'm a Luddite like that, you know? "Hey, I'm watching something in real life! Maybe I don't need the smart phone!"

I dunno. I'm just tired of everyone just assuming a 24 hour news cycle is necessary and that your smart phone should be jacked into your head at all times. Digital doesn't mean instantly better. Five million channels of what? Junk. Anyone really care about the Kardashians? We still can't seem to design livable cities or utilize our resources with any semblance of efficiency or fairness but fuck, we've got instant access to every "famous" person's personal life. Whatever.

I feel like fading away from all of these people and their bullshit. No one cares about real life anymore. Recently I was talking to a friend of mine while fishing at lunch. He asked me how I thought things were going to end since it didn't seem to him that life as it's currently lived was sustainable. I told him that it was going to be like Nicaragua's jungles: all the mammals were eaten during the civil war so now it's just insects and the bush. Humans are going to overbreed and eat themselves out of house and home and there'll be massive die offs and the next thing you know it'll be the bush and the bugs and that's about it for awhile. We ruminated on this for a bit, caught some fish, apologized to them and put them back in the water.

Where am I going with this? Nowhere really. I'm just tired of other people right now. Well, tired of people in the general sense. I'm assuming that this too shall pass but then again...

Peace out, bitches!

5 comments:

savannah said...

it will pass. look at the lovely faces around you and take comfort in that, #1!

wv: festiva

captain chaos said...

I think I need some time out in the woods for a bit, ya know?

CreoleBeBop said...

We need to seriously talk about building a retreat that is entirely off the grid and big enough for the whole family. I've always wanted to do this. I've studied several areas of the country where sustainability could be at least 90% achieved. The key is knowing where watersheds are, finding land that abuts BLM land that you can hunt, and having enough natural water supply and flat land for some innovative farming. The rest is all tech re getting off the grid. We, as a group, have that access and the ability to put it in play. And just think of the fun of designing something from the ground up! Use your time to think about all the possibilities - this will get you through the madness. We can do this man! The game is afoot.

Your mom is well aware of my investigations, the water table and water shed information I've been looking at, and the areas of the country considered. Are you in?

captain chaos said...

Well, yeah, of course I'm in! It'd be great if there were surf nearby but hey, you can't have everything. I do, however, demand that there be duck hunting opportunities.

Blog27999 said...

If you're trying to lose weight then you absolutely have to try this totally brand new tailor-made keto meal plan.

To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, fitness trainers, and cooks united to produce keto meal plans that are effective, convenient, economically-efficient, and fun.

Since their grand opening in early 2019, thousands of people have already completely transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a proper keto meal plan can provide.

Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones given by the keto meal plan.