Sunday, October 18, 2009

All the time, pal. Now buzz off!

I am reborn into the world! Jobs are over and most of me made it out. I'll eventually have to drop back in on the working life and deal with people but for now I'm hunting and happy. Well, mostly happy.

United Airlines is furloughing employees, forcing people into pay cuts, and charging for every bit of luggage including your one piece. They are also paying their executives top dollar. Apparantly, the best and brightest can't run your company and industry into the ground effectively without proper compensation. Full disclosure: this all started when I got a cheap ticket, then took my gear and dog to the airport and found out at the counter that I needed to pay an additional $225 (ticket was $235) to get the dog ($175), the duffel ($20), and the gun case ($30) to Boise, Idaho. Nice of them to never have mentioned any of this during any of my various calls to them prior to showing up at the airport. Good times! The employees of United know this is all bullshit and can see the writing on the wall: death of air travel. Rest assured though, whichever genius is the CEO at that point is still going to pass GO and collect several million dollars for ruining a company. Get ready for the Third World, people. Or, at the very least, the Second World.

I shot a quail today. One bird, one round. We were scouting so we only stopped in a few places to work out the kinks. I hope to see more game tomorrow or else the excess baggage fees are going to make me pull a Fight Club on United. Where are their corporate headquarters anyway?

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

savannah said...

i think delta had no additional fees... xoxo

by the by, i've linked to this post for hunt updates!

captain chaos said...

Now ya tell me!