Monday, November 30, 2009

And there are simply too many notes, that's all. Just cut a few and it will be perfect.

The other day I went to work instead of going duck hunting. I made several hundred dollars for standing around for a few hours and then packing gear for a job in Panama. I left early and tried to drive out to do a little duck hunting in the afternoon. Simple really, just drive 80 miles and get in for an afternoon shoot. I failed miserably. For some reason it didn't occur to me that there would be holiday traffic on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It took me two and a half hours to get to the ranger station and I missed the deadline to get on a pond by 10 measly minutes. I was crushed. I ended up looking for rabbits in the Upland Game area of the refuge but really I just took a two hour walk to the top of the foothills and through the brush. It was nice but...

There are too many people here in Southern California. Too many people doing too many stupid things and getting in my way. More and more I find that I want to leave my beloved California for some place less cluttered. There are acres and acres of ugly cookie cutter houses covering the deserts. There are so many damn miles of pointless roads in pointless subdivisions and the system cannot maintain itself. This is a desert but people are treating it like we can support billions. There's no water here. There's no infrastucture to deal with all of these people. It's a mess. I dream of people leaving en masse and repopulating the rest of the country. Maybe the fact that the state is broke will make people leave. That would be nice.

Peace out, bitches!

3 comments:

CreoleBeBop said...

hmmmmmmm? How about we go in on a great piece of land in hunting country? You can retain me and your mom as caretakers and we'll relocate and spend our emeritus years there.

Think I could sell this option?

Pops

Mr. Moose said...

Build a writing shack in a secluded corner of that property and you can count me in.

captain chaos said...

The dream is a couple hundred acres managed for upland game, deer, pig, and put a duck pond on a few acres. Writing shack? Done. Caretakers? Done. Let me just go win the lottery right quick.