Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'll teach you to laugh at something that's funny!

Yesterday was watch old white assholes run Hollywood day and it fucking sucked. James L. Brooks of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Taxi, Terms of Endearment, Broadcast News, As Good As It Gets, Spanglish, The Simpsons, and a host of TV shows is directing some movie with Reese Witherspoon in it and we did glorified B-roll for the movie- a highlight reel of Reese's character's softball career. It should have been so simple but it wasn't as there was no plan, no support, and no money despite Brooks and a couple of heavy hitter producers hanging around the baseball diamond. What a bunch of wrinkled, bitter, loud mouthed jackasses. The DP was Janus Kaminski and until I met him yesterday he was one of my favorite DPs. In real life he's a fucking racist, neurotic, self-absorbed old bastard. My guys and I ran around  like complete lunatics trying to keep up with the capricious whims and bs of both Brooks and Kaminski. Both of them spent the day stressing out, talking shit, and yelling as if something important were going on. My God, so rich and successful and still so fucking petty and annoying. What gives? What does Brooks have to prove, what's he so worried about that he needs to run around acting like a spoiled child? So typical of Hollywood. Anyway, the old man babies all freaked out and we shot two days of inserts in one day and we're all still getting paid for today so hey, that's a W for the freakin' worker drones.

Peace out, bitches!

10 comments:

savannah said...

as the MITM learned at adagio, never meet your heroes!

rufus harley = janus kaminski

Barlinnie said...

Happy Birthday pal, have a great time doing whatever it is you are doing.

Kim Ayres said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one :)

mapstew said...

A happy Birthday to you.

:¬)

debra said...

Your mama sent me :-) Happy b'day!

Z said...

Happy birthday!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Very Happy Birthday to you...! Your Mom sent me over to give you Best Wishes on a Happy Birthday.

This project sounds like a nightmare! I'm surprised at James Brooks---I have only heard good things about him. But, one never knows, does one?

Jenny said...

Savannah sent me here to wish you a very happy birthday day, but I think I'm coming back because you are FUNNY. Great post.

Pat said...

Your Mama sent me to wish you a Happy Birthday.

So Happy Birthday:). Hen duck or a goose?

captain chaos said...

Thanks everybody! Super nice to hear from so many cool peeps. As for Mrs. Brooks and Kaminski, so it goes. I still love their work, I just won't be working for them.