Thursday, July 17, 2008

Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.

I am at my wits end with this fucking movie but I will refrain from freaking the fuck out because I know I'm short. Three more days counting later on today. Three more days and I can get back to The World. I've already hooked up a commercial gig for Monday and Tuesday and it seems so sweet: $575 for 12 and it's cash. Cold hard cash and in two days of work I'll get more than I've been making in a week on Shrink. Fuck features unless I'm shooting the damn thing.

I did do a shot that I'm very proud of: a long ass, complicated move on Steadicam and not only did I pull focus but we had six iris pulls that had to be hidden in the moves and whatnot. Not too shabby, kids, not too shabby at all. We were at a really cool Malibu house on the point next to Barbara Streisand's house and it was supposed to be an "industry" party complete with hippy drum circle, topless chicks (all ugly, oddly enough), and people being weird. Totally ridiculous but sort of funny. The shot is going to look awesome and hopefully someone will see it and think, "Hey, I need to hire me that their focus puller for my next gig!" Probably won't happen but I can dare to dream that some good will come out of having gone through the suck for five weeks.

Shower time and off to Beverly Hills for some more mediocrity.

Peace out, bitches!

No comments: