Monday, July 28, 2008

As your mother tells you, and my mother certainly told me, it is important, she always used to say, always to try new things.

The best part of any week has got to be going to see your therapist. It's like the day just goes from annoying to annoying and complicated. So many emotions swirling around in your head, so many different options to choose from, including not going back to your therapist. I don't know, I sometimes feel that my shrink isn't that interested in helping me to really unravel the grey matter. Maybe it's just me and I've watched too many movies with shrinks and I think that they're supposed to really get into your dome. Maybe my shrink is doing what needs to be done: prodding me along in the general direction of figuring out myself. How funny, the same mechanism that you're trying to figure out is the  doing the figuring. Odd little thing, the brain. No one really knows how it works or, more importantly, why it works but dammit if it don't keep hummin' along nonetheless. I sometimes think I should check out of the world for awhile and hole up in some sort of ashram and just sit for a year or two, just to see what happens to my brain. Will it stop bugging me? Will it calm down? Will I calm down? Who knows, but I'll never do it, I'm too responsible and boring to do anything that extreme although Patron comes close. Hmm, I need a new phone as I've just dropped my into the sink and it's now dead. Lovely.

Peace out, bitches!

3 comments:

savannah said...

moderation in all things, including moderation....anyway, good for you for keeping at it the construction/deconstruction of you.

hail, hail, freedonia!

captain chaos said...

Thanks, ma. "Look at Chicolini. He sits there alone, an abject figure."

Mr. Moose said...

When you're thinking about stopping therapy, I suggest taking a look at that word tattooed on your wrist.

P.S. - That's funny, I've got an uncle in Dollars, Taxes.