Monday, July 14, 2008

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Haven't posted in awhile but you haven't missed much: painful camera positions, painful scheduling, painful long days and painful poor planning and execution by the brain trust. I did manage to stay sober all week which doesn't sound like much but did take a bit of effort. This job is basically an affront to all I hold dear about the business I'm in and it hurts. I came home every night and did yoga and walked my dog and tried to read some good books. I'm currently mired in Pynchon's last book and it's kicking my ever wandering mind to no end. Anyway, Melah and Ani surprised me one night by randomly showing up and making dinner, which was nice. Most of time, however, has been spent getting peeled on Shrink, the little movie that couldn't but somehow, against all that is holy, managed to do it. And wreck everyone's lives.

I had a nice weekend which started off with Sandow (the A-cam 2nd) and I getting a little gacked out and drinking a bottle of damn fine chardonnay while waxing poetic about the world in which we work. Totally fun and ridiculous. I slept for the rest of the day and realized I really needed to do so as my body basically rebelled against the very idea of getting up and being productive. I think I'm slowly being killed by a movie, I think it's doing it on purpose. Shrink is a murderer! Eventually I got up and managed to make it out to the Lodge for Rock and Roll Bingo and dammit, that was worth it! I love that bar and its patrons. Bunch of scum bags and freaks and I miss them right now. Today was great- sleep in and then surf all day and polish it off with a delightfully silly dinner at Taylor's with Bean. Steak house frozen in time, eh? Sounds intriguing, let me get my cool hat. Too bad I have to work tomorrow.

So, that's the long and short of it as I'm too tired to regale all two of you with tall tales of stupidity and mendacity from the makers of Shrink. If I survive I'll fill you in on the stupid.

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

savannah said...

still at starbucks?

captain chaos said...

Oddly enough, no. The house next door finally went wireless so I'm piggy-backing off them. Not to worry though, my modem shows up today.