Monday, October 20, 2008

There's always a way to blow up explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off.

Today I skated a mini-ramp for the first time in ten years. I completely and utterly sucked ass and I don't care. Full-on old guys session with the owner of the ramp, Panzer, and his buddy Bob. Those guys could actually skate but my ass took forever to get warmed up and rockin'. I got a few basic tricks back but the real point of the whole thing was that I fell a bunch and banged myself up and I loved every moment of the whole deal. I've got my first masonite burn in ten years, my ankles hurt, and I'm exhausted. Sweet. I know I'm an old fart in skateboard terms but I feel like a teenager again after skating. We had the punk rock/hip hop mix roaring, the sun was beating us up, and everyone kept trying to push everyone else to get broke. Good times. If I'm not totally in traction by Sunday I'm going back for more.

Peace out, bitches!

6 comments:

savannah said...

just remember it's kind of difficult to hunt when you're wearing a cast!!! ;)

captain chaos said...

Ay, there's the rub! If you're scared of getting hurt you skate conservatively. If you skate conservatively you get hurt. I've been conservatively skating through life for ten years, time to stop.

Momentary Madness said...

Q: What did the man say when he fell off the train?

A: "It's a hard station."

savannah said...

ok. besides, i am the one with 2 broken bones in this family and the x-rays to prove it! ;)

captain chaos said...

Hey, I broke my wrist, my thumb, two ribs, and have had several serious bonks and gouges. "Hell, there's parts of me all over this country."

savannah said...

ok, but do you have the xrays framed and on display? ;)