Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holy poker! You son of a double-eyed whore from the reeking gutters of Rotterdam!

It finally happened: I went duck hunting and shot a goddamn duck! Yep, things are looking up around these here parts. I shot a Ruddy duck through the neck at about 40 yards and I'm very, very happy about it. Aww, yeah!
I had a good time hanging out with Ghost and taking it all in from the anonymity of me blind. I got a bunch of birds to turn around and a flight of three Gadwalls came in to my 30 yard marker but I somehow missed all three shots. Weird, huh? You miss the easy ones and make the long hail mary. The best part, aside from knocking a duck silly at long range, was that I got birds to turn and check out my dekes. So rewarding. I'm getting better I guess or the ducks today were total idiots.

Well, if anyone is actually reading this, Happy Fucking New Year!

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

savannah said...

take pictures of the duck prepared are you doing a wine sauce again? or something different?

happy new year, sonnyboy and happy fucking hunting! ;)

captain chaos said...

Duck is probably going to be done breast only and fried Thai-style. I'll post a picture when done. Yay! A new year is finally here!