Thursday, January 15, 2009

She turned me into a newt! A newt? Well, it got better.

Ah, so reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. What? Yes, I died for awhile yesterday but I've been reborn and am ready and willing to get back out there. I went hunting for ducks again (only four days left!) and bagged two. One Ruddy and, finally, one hen Shoveler. That's right, a Shoveler! Revenge is sweet. Following that Ghost and I decided to go shoot some quail, although I suspect he just wanted to run around like a jackass, which he did. The weirdest thing happened: midway through our wanderings I got incredibly nauseous and felt weak and basically collapsed. I sat for a minute, had some water, and tried to get up. We walked about a hundred yards and the same thing happened. I passed out for about half an hour and when I awoke Ghost was running in circles chasing finches. I realized I was either sick or hungry but definitely fucked as we were several miles from the car. Off we go and not ten minutes later I threw up and had to shit. Good times out in the bush. By the time we got back to the car I was more than a little concerned and my stomach was in knots. I tried to eat a PB&J and that bounced right out immediately. Not good, especially with an hour long drive ahead of me. I made it home but not before stopping several times to shit and I stopped a couple of times because the pain in my gut was making it hard for me to see. As luck would have it, I got home and passed out and Melah showed up with Gatorade and chicken broth. Lifesaver!

I feel completely better this morning but I think I'll take it slow anyway. What a weird way to end a hunting trip. Anyway, the ducks are going into a pasta dish, either ravioli or served on top of a bed of something. I love ravioli so...

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

CreoleBeBop said...

Ok, time to stop hunting quail alone!

Sounds like food poisoning to me. Your sure those ducks aren't smart enough to send the sick ones your way just for revenge?

Just a thought.

Love
Pops

captain chaos said...

All better now. As for quail hunting: I don't think it really works as well without at least one other person. Every time we find them they go where I would normally have had another person. So it goes.