Friday, October 22, 2010

Ralph, that is not the sufi way.

I am losing my mind. Or maybe the world really is at an all time level of stupid.

Case in point: Juan Williams vs. NPR. Mr. Williams is annoying pseudo-intellectual who was caught saying he was afraid of people who look Muslim. His defense? He's a civil rights "pioneer" and so he can't be accused of racism and besides, he was trying to argue a point against Bill O'Reilly on O'Reilly's show. Uh, what?

O'Reilly is a loud mouthed jack ass who's "arguments" consist primarily of him shouting over his guests. Fair and balanced? Yeah, right, this is Fox after all where fair and balanced means we get loud, old, crazy white guys to yell at effete center/left moderates. It's a fucking sham, a dog and pony show for the intellectually bankrupt retards that make up Fox's viewing audience. For Willliams to go on that show as anything other than a paid performer is a lie. He knew what he was getting into, everyone who goes on that damn show knows what's up so his defense is bullshit. He's a coward and a bigot and yes, you can be those things and still fight for civil rights. You're a hypocrite but you can do it.

Case in point, redux: Catherine O'Donnell. Why is she in the news? Who thinks this imbecile can run anything? What the fuck is going on around here that a fucking inept, brainless, God squad dipshit is making news? Who the fuck votes for people like this? What. The. Fuck.

In short, I need to find a way not to feel like killing off a large chunk of the American electorate for the crime of being criminally stupid and letting this country slide further into the hands of corporate America, xenophobia, ignorant nationalism, and moral bankruptcy.

I don't know how I'm going to do it but dammit, if the sufi way works I'll go that route.

Peace out, bitches!

4 comments:

savannah said...

you beat me to the punch on juan williams, dude!

aside: did you read this in the nyt?

Mr. Moose said...

Perhaps the Sufi would tell you to stare through your Heart in order to see the Divine in all beings and then try to discern the use God may have intended for these people. Follow this up with half an hour or so of deep trance spinning and you might just find what you're looking for.

captain chaos said...

Mr. Moose- shut the fuck up. If I stare through my Heart I don't think I'll see the divine. I think I'll see the mil dots in a reticle sight and start doing calculations for windage. Not good. As for the spinning, I like to think I'd get really dizzy, fall over, and settle the whole thing with a nice glass of sancerre.

Mr. Moose said...

Yeah, that's probably why the Sufi love wine so much too. It helps with the spinning and makes people bearable. "A little humor," said Dr Yen Lo, "always with a little humor."

http://xkcd.com/206/