Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Forecast is for "bad craziness".

The Downy commercial I did for free is over! I'm not dead! I got to South Dakota in one piece and promptly slept for a full eight hours for the first time in ages. Granted, I didn't do it on purpose, rather my body simply rebelled and I was forced to go along with the unwashed masses (i.e. moi). I must admit, though, that there's something to this whole sleeping thing. I'll try to remind myself to try it out more often.

The hunting has been spectacular. No, I'm kidding, it has been horrible. We've seen a bunch of birds, Ghost chased a rabbit down and then didn't know what to do with him, and I lost a rabbit because I was paying attention to my dog and not where Bugs was headed. D'oh! It is gorgeous out here, in a sort of post-Apocalyptic-no-ones-around sort of way. It's all rolling hills and plains of prairie grass and stark, boring little houses, and giant trucks with fat people in them, and big blue awesome never ending sky. I like it, I really like it. I'd never live here but watching the number and variety of game just cruising all over town and the countryside is breathtaking and has been feeding fantasies of buying property along the mighty Missouri so I'd always have somewhere to hunt and fish. This will probably be one of the last places in America where you can have a good time as a hunter. Cali is going the way of the dodo as the populace dumbs down into thinking that more land for ATVs and motocross is more environmentally sound than preserving the land for hiking and hunting and non-corrosive activities. Oh, the joy of the press of the crowd of idiots as they push their way into the front of the mob to shout, "Hey, I'm stupid but you should listen to me because I'm a swing voter!" Makes you wanna hollah!

For the record, Pierre, SD pronounces it's name "Pier." Fucking dumb-ass rednecks. Besides all of the pheasant and deer and geese and ducks and grouse all over the place there really isn't much to be said for old "Pier" but we did find  a really good Mexican joint to replace our beloved hole in the wall in Oregon. It's called Guadalajara and they have two types of rojo salsa for your chips: the crappy tomato soup they give the white guys and the caliente shit they give the real cowboys and Indians. Ask for it next time you're in Pier. I mean Pierre.

Peace out, bitches!

3 comments:

savannah said...

i KNEW i'd read the real deal from you! xox

Mr. Moose said...

I'm glad you guys are having fun on the Grand Hunt. Chase down a few sneaky russian birds for me and step on their necks.

(When you get back we can hit the desert and discuss why you hate people so much.)

Antedo,
Mr. Moose

captain chaos said...

I don't hate people SO much. I hate people well within socially acceptable parameters. As far as anyone knows.