Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Now, don't you worry. The saucers are up there. The graveyard is out there. But I'll be locked up safely in there.

So it's my actual birthday. Big deal. I'm not feeling it this year. I am feeling the swell new pants I bought myself at Volcom. Melah got me a couple of t-shirts. I also picked up two CDs from The International Noise Conspiracy and am listening to them AS I TYPE! Good stuff, I highly recommend them to all of you knuckleheads out there.

Here is the one strange thing about today: I made an impulse buy at Headline Records (last punk rock outpost on Melrose) of a Cramps t-shirt and a Bad Brains t-shirt. Why? I'm an old guy now, why am I buying punk rock t-shirts? Answer: senility is kicking in super early and I'm doomed. Or maybe I'm saved. Saved from the rest of adulthood by mental illness. Sweet.

OK, I need to read about the Crusades and get some sleep so I can go work tomorrow.

Peace out, bitches!

5 comments:

CreoleBeBop said...

Hope you had a great birthday. I spent your birthday traveling. It's 08:15, I'm at Paris CDG waiting for a flight to ATL. Should be in Savannah around 17:30. Talk to you soon.

Love
Pops

P.S. - you're not old yet!

captain chaos said...

Thanks. I don't feel old I just feel culturally pressured to grow old in a hurry. I guess I'm just not young enough to be hip anymore. Oh well, I'll stay punk until death.

Mr. Moose said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I am one day late. I hoped you enjoyed your party.

Barney said...

With that Bad Brains shirt, consider that you'll never be older or crazier than HR. happy burfday. (I bought a Jawbreaker t-shirt a few weeks ago. It must be catching.)

captain chaos said...

Sweet! Jawbreaker tees! Whatever happened to those goons?