Monday, September 14, 2009

A cup of tea would restore my normality.

I love this time of year. I grew up thinking summer was the shit, The Man, the reason to live through the rest of the seasonless year here in Southern California. I was wrong. Fall is the only way that a man such as myself can stay sane here in the new and improved Los Angeles. The weather cools off a bit. The water gets cold and the waves get big so the lineups empty out. Football season starts. Everything comes into season for hunting. I am feeling content and we're only in Week 1 of the 2009/2010 NFL season. The early dove season ends tomorrow and I only got one day but I enjoyed the fuck out of it and I don't care what anyone else says. Most of them don't hunt anyway so...

This truly is the season of plenty. Whenever you can hunt every game bird around, deer, rabbits, and then go surf an afternoon session without anyone else out you know you've got it good. I've decided to be out in the bush for the entire week of my birthday this year. Hunt ducks all day, drive down to the border, camp, wake up and hunt quail and dove along the Colorado river, camp, wake up and drive up to Palm Springs and meet the Girl for some spa time and relaxing. Only in the Fall.

It's nice to finally be able to say exactly what makes you happy and to be able to live that life. Thank you to Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

CreoleBeBop said...

Well..........

How many dove did you shoot?

Pops

captain chaos said...

Absolutely zero. I needed another gun as they kept breaking away from me and the dog and towards Melah. C'est la vie. It's not the killin' it's the walkin' that makes it worthwhile, right? Besides, the dog did really well. Stayed within range, busted through brush, pointed at every bird he found (dove or not), and just generally behaved. I say it was a good day.