Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I was going to the worst place in the world and I didn't even know it yet.

And so it came to pass that a job came through and a plan was formulated and equipment was rented and on and on until I found myself at Panavision Hollywood.

I am to take part in a shoot that is going to take a perfectly good SLR manufactured by Canon and turn it into a relatively shitty video camera. Good. Good plan. Maybe we can convince people to never ever ever worship at the throne of Digital. As always, just because you can doesn't mean you should and this goes without saying when it comes to "digital film making." The camera ain't no fun and the shoot, oh the shoot!

We are heading into the asshole of the world, Captain: Piru and Fillmore during a fucking heat wave and an army of wildfires. Should be great.

2 comments:

CreoleBeBop said...

Don't mean to sound callous, but....

What is the net effect of wildfires re bow hunting? I would imagine that there are significant numbers of deer on the move to new habitat.

Pops

captain chaos said...

Word. None of the places they're headed are open yet unless they're heading up into the Sequoias. Hopefully they'll all head straight up to where I'll be at 10,000'. Should make it interesting for later in the season when the areas around LA open up. Ha ha! I was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw the huge clouds of smoke.