Saturday, April 11, 2009

You know, sometimes when a person don't know what to do, the best thing is to just stand still.

I've worked all week and all I can say is the money almost makes it worth the heartache. We made a video for the most plain-Jane-vanilla English girl I've ever met, changed camera packages a million times, worked with grumpy-ass Maria Sharapova on a shampoo commercial, and then couldn't find a non-crowded non-idiot filled bar. All in all this has been an incredibly long and annoying week of digital production. First two Red cameras on an all day music video and the problems that go with those damn cameras. Then the prep that wouldn't start and then wouldn't end as the director and the DP couldn't figure out what camera they wanted to use. Awesome. Film? Sure, oh no, wait, I meant digital. Not that digital camera, the other one! No the one next to it, yeah, sure, that one. What? Nevermind. Just get the biggest and oldest camera you can find. The only good part of the last three days is that we did a ton of OT, double time even and so I'm going to make quite a bit of money. Go for paying bills!

Tomorrow I'm off to the accountants solo-style for the first time in ages. No one else's fucking taxes to pay, just me. Maybe this time I won't owe any money. That would be nice. I think I'll go for a hike, too. If Melah doesn't keel over from eating at a sushi joint while I was at work I'll take her. Yeah, that's right, the woman who is allergic to fish insisted on going out and eating sushi and ate an eel. Poor thing. I suggest you all look her up and mock her all day tomorrow.

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

savannah said...

your accountant works on saturday?

captain chaos said...

I know, right? Ex-drummer from the Circle Jerks. Wild in the streets, indeed!