Sunday, July 26, 2009

I know kung fu.

Today was lovely here in LaLa- the sun and smog were out, the carnivorous wild parrots were screeching and killing pigeons on the lawn, the dog was wagging his blunt little tail, and I cleaned the house and did my laundry. I also made a run to Bass Pro as I realized that I'd forgotten to get a shirt for the upcoming lethal phase of Operation Bowfinger. I suppose I should have used a "Bowfinger" quote but I felt the breathless idiocy of Keanu Reeves line reading was more appropo as I spent the latter part of the day in full dress rehearsal for the end of next week. Yep, I put on full camo outfit with hat and boots and gloves and face mask and binos in chest sling and backpack. I stood out in the sun and shot arrows in my back yard and realized two things: 1) (this is the important thing) my sights got knocked so I had to dial them back in, 2) despite having some fairly nice "anti-sweat" undies it was still hot in my hunting get up. I'm hoping the altitude might bring some relief but you never know. I do have some other tricks up my sleeves and we'll see if they fool the wily California mule deer that I'll be desperately trying to find. I'm excited but I have looked over the regs and I've only got an 11% chance of nailing a deer. Doesn't sound good, does it? The one fact that I can find any solace in is that most people out bowhunting are mullets and that the guys who do score do so every year. Perhaps I am one of those bowhunters and not one of the mullets. (Note to self: cut hair.)

In other news, I've got two days of work with the OG as J Boogie has taken a TV show. This translates into some guaranteed work every month over the next five months. Not bad, not bad, I can live with that. Let's all cross our fingers, arms, toes, legs, and whatever else you can cross and sincerely wish that the economy comes back or half the ACs in LaLa up and quit.

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

savannah said...

i thought i'd left a comment here...

captain chaos said...

No. No comment. It's OK, no one reads this shit anyway. I think Blogger is really just my free therapy session.