Monday, February 2, 2009

I only ask things I'd ask any superstar. What is it that you have got that puts you where you are?

Jesus Christ (superstar!), what a week! I don't even know where to begin so I won't. I'll just post some photos from a house we shot at on Tuesday last week and tell you that you should always be careful what you wish for cuz you might get it and good. I worked my ass off over the last couple of weeks and then went out on Friday and "annihilated this week." I'll seriously buy you a shot if you know what band that's from. Anywhat, Saturday I took the retards (aka Melah and Ani) bowling by taking them to an archery lesson (Project Bowfinger begins!), then my pal got married and some redneck bands played and Melah and I finished the day by eating at Blair's (fan-fucking-tastic! The short ribs with pasta killed it!). Good day. Good solid LA day. Sunday was no less spectacular as we met a bunch of my friends at the beach and Ani had her little buddies and there were kids and surfboards and volleyball and chips and dip and Pelligrino and Melah actually surfed. Fine times were had by all. 

As for work, well, there was the weird house for the Japanese R&B singer who sounds just like Beyonce. That was... interesting. These are all images from a house decorated by an interior decorator and costume designer who has clearly lost his mind. The place is jammed with so many horrible knickknacks and clashing styles. He had a throw pillow with the phrase "Beyond Avarice" stitched into it. What the fuck? The bird was my favorite and I really wanted to steal it but I never really got the chance. 

Following that, the whole camera/grip/electric set of jackasses moved onto another job with another idiosyncratic director but thankfully she was in a good mood. That didn't stop us from shooting Jennifer Hudson for fourteen hours but hey, at least the Director wasn't going batty like she usually does. I did a Bon Jovi video with her years ago and I've never heard anyone scream and cuss so much for no damn reason. Smiles go miles?

Oh, almost forgot, the HBO job that started off the run had a night shoot scheduled for Sunday and I got off work at 7am and slept for an hour in a gas station parking lot and then prepped. Good times!

Now it's Monday and I'm done and I surfed, did laundry, took my dog an a nice long walk and I'm finishing my day practicing turkey calls. God bless America. Not really, I'm just kidding around. I don't actually believe in God in the sense that it could be called on to bless America. I guess what I really meant was Hail Satan!

Peace out, bitches!
ps-Yes, mother! I watched the end of the game. Fuck Warner! Hail and well met Tomlin!