Thursday, June 18, 2009

Finally there would be a thingamajig that would bring everyone together, even if it kept them apart spatially.

About a month ago I took v2.0 out to the desert for a job and on the way home we shot some skeet. She'd never shot before but through trial and error and very little input from me she knocked a couple down and even hit a double. Sick, very sick, for a first time shooter. It made me happy to have helped her learn something new, especially since it was something near and dear to my heart. Nice right? Well today I surfed for several hours with Beck and then my pal Sandow showed up and I taught him how to surf. I gave him some pointers and showed him a few things but for the most part he was just like v2.0: psyched up to try and master something new. Very cool. He actually stood up on two waves, including one that I was already on! I came home from this experience ridiculously happy and almost giddy. I was just really excited to see someone learning and learning quickly. So to v2.0 (who admittedly skulks around this blog without posting) and Sandow I say: Thanks for letting me help you and thank you for making me happy and proud of you both!

In other news I found a job for next week: helping some jokers shoot some experimental bs with glass shards or vases or some other such glass madness. For $300 a day for five days. So it's half my day rate but what the fuck else am I going to do? It's slower than the molasses in July (is that the line?) and I've got an ex to pay and Gilder to frame for it. Harumph.

Peace out, bitches!

6 comments:

savannah said...

slower than molasses in January, ya git! :~D

savannah said...

seriously, congrats re the gig...

captain chaos said...

January! Of course!

Mr. Moose said...

Maybe you got it confused with the line, "You're like school in July...NO CLASS". Although molasses is really always slow, it's just relatively slower in January.

savannah said...

@mr moose...what no comment re hammertime?

supernana said...

ok so as soon as this tattoo is healed you are taking me out to surf! I must take advantage of your new found giddiness.