Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monsieur, azonnal kövessen engem, bitte!

The Sargasso Sea is an area in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean that measures about 700 by 2,000 miles. It's a giant "sea" of seaweed that supports a ridiculous amount of life and is an important part of the migration of several different species. Why do I mention this? Mostly because I was thinking of the mythical Sargasso Sea where ships get trapped forever because there's no wind in the Sargasso. This isn't actually true but it makes for a cool mythology and does serve to illustrate how I currently feel about life: trapped in the doldrums and wasting away. I need to get back to work. I feel useless and broke and annoyed by just about everything, including my feelings of uselessness and annoyance. Of course, it'd be great to actually be in the Sargasso Sea aboard some sort of research vessel but the metaphorical Sargasso of the soul is a different story. Even though I just got a new tattoo I think I'm going to go jump in the Pacific tomorrow morning anyway as to not do so will probably make me even more unhappy. Whatever.

In better news, I spent a couple of hours pouring over deer regulations for Califas and I'm getting excited for a trip into the mountains east of Santa Barbara next month. Second Saturday of July and I'm into the woods. Probably a lot of walking and glassing and no deer but it'll be new and that can't be too bad. Besides, I can hunt any zone I choose as I'm one of the few idiots out here who has chosen to bow hunt. Seasons are opening up every month and go out to December so... Anyone want to take bets as to whether or not I can kill a deer between July and December? Yeah, ha ha! Me neither.

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

savannah said...

he say you bladerunner...

anyway, nicely put, #!. what's the tattoo?

captain chaos said...

Anchor on my left wrist right next to the "patience" tatt. It represents strength and roots, both of which I need in spades right about now.