Monday, June 22, 2009

I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life.

Yeah Cameron! I've always liked to think that following the conclusion of Ferris Bueller's Day Off the Cameron character was nearly bludgenoed to death by his father and subsequently thrown out of the house. Cameron, of course, goes running to Ferris's house where he recoups and formulates a plan of revenge against his father. In the end though, Cameron simply goes off to community college and works at the mill while saving up enough money to go to a university far from Chicago. At his twenty year high school reunion he shows up looking as young as the day he graduated and announces that yeah, he was the guy who invented Lucent Technologies and he now has more money than god. Fat Ferris and fat Sloan are jealous and a little embarassed that they blew him off after high school but hey, at least their McDonald's franchise is making enough to get by.

Anyway, I'm at Panavision and I'm annoyed that I'm feeling thankful for having a half day rate job for the week. Spoiled little brat!

In other news, yesterday I got my first ever Father's Day card and I sort of cried in private afterwards. Happy Belated Father's Day, Pops. Kick Chad in the balls for me, will ya?

Peace out, bitches!

3 comments:

savannah said...

i like your scenario for cameron. on the other hand, i can't imagine a fat ferris and/or fat sloan, but what do i know. re the card, how sweet was that?

Mr. Moose said...

I always thought Ferris would end up as some well loved and thoroughly crooked politician. Or maybe one of the Enron fixers. All that charm, nonchalance, and smell the flowers bullshit...

captain chaos said...

If you peak in high school it's all down hill from there. I've seen it happen.