Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Well then get in and paddle!

This has been one of those days that makes you want to stay inside and watch for invaders while cradling your favorite book and a large weapon. It didn't start out that way but goddammit if it didn't all go to hell as soon as I started dealing with other people. I ordered a replacement mag spring for Thumper (my .12 gauge that I've had since I was 14) and the woman on the other line was simply a joy to talk to. We made small talk, I got my part, I learned that she has a goofy Lab/Golden Retriever mix, and she loves hunting. Cool. I also got my parts for 10% because I gots game like that with the southern belles. What? Never mind me. The dog and I took a walk, I did some laundry out in the garage and discovered, joy!, I have a new project: fixing the pipes below the garage sink so that washing machine water doesn't flood the northern half of the remade Black Pearl. So far so good. I ate some awesome leftover Indian food. Yeah! Did a bunch of yoga. Sweet!

Then I made the mistake of leaving the house and as soon as I did I wanted to turn right around and go back inside and load the FNG with deer slugs. Yeah, five cop cars in full battle rattle came tear-assing through the neighborhood and posted up half a block north of me. Awesome. So loud, so wonderful, so fully a reminder to not get to complacent in the hood. Next up, bad driving from small guys in big SUVs who can't be bothered to use turn signals or look before they switch lanes. One guy actually flipped me off when he cut me off and missed the front of the Pumpkin by inches. Awesome! I love big city living! Everyone is so... sophisticated. Following this was the usual assortment of impatient, loud, stupid, and smelly interactions one so routinely has these days in The Big City. A man in line behind me lost his shit when, while I was getting checked out, the cashier scanned her co-workers Tampax box before getting to him. I mean, he started shouting!? I took one look at him and could tell instantly that he was a miserable person. He might have started off nice but the world had kicked his ass and popping off on cashiers was probably the only way this poor, impotent bastard could get through the day. I smiled, thanked the cashier, and gave him a look meant to convey "Geez, buddy, you look awful." He sneered at me and I laughed and walked out.

I'm going to shoot some arrows in my backyard and play fetch with my dog and pretend that I live some where populated by the polite, the civil, and the positive. Sounds lame, huh? Whatever, I just need to stay away from the nattering nabobs of negativity and go surfing. Or hunting. Of just go for a walk and get some tea. Hey, that's a great idea. Later for you!

Peace out, bitches!

1 comment:

savannah said...

i think you need a little stay on the plantation, son! :~D