Tuesday, August 12, 2008

But you are drunk. A sober person would have reached for the pretzels.

So I haven't posted in a bit as I've been hanging out with long-lost Aaron and assorted other buffoons and thus have been too busy to post. Sorry, but thanks for the round of concern concerning the previous post. I love alliteration, even in small portions.

I'm not drinking this month and I just had a funny night. I saw Dark Knight (FUCKING AWESOME!) at the Cinerama Dome with Aaron and Melah and then parted ways with everyone for some quality time at the gym. Post work out, feeling all fresh and happy at 10:30pm, I got a call from my pal who was at Tortuga feeling down and having a couple of drinks. I was a little hesitant but decided to go over and watch her drink and see some of the local pirates even though I'm Captain Sober for August. I am very happy to report that all of my pirate buddies decided I was the man for hanging out even though I'm not drinking. They were actually proud of my decision to knock off the sauce for a minute as they had all witnessed my sorry drinking spell during Shrink (the worst experience ever in my short career as a focus puller). Nice, huh? Tattooed freaks and geeks getting down with the idea of just saying "fuck it" to booze for a spell while still coming in to the bar to say hi and hang out. I  think I cheered my friend up but you never can tell with drunk people. I also got hit on for being sober and having just come from the gym. Yeah, there's a fetish for everything I guess, even sober guys who smell like the gym. Strange town, LA.

I have the sneaking suspicion that before too long everyone is going to ask me to start drinking again as I'm too much of an asshole as Captain Sober. Or maybe I'm worried I won't like me when I'm several weeks off of any booze of any kind. Hmm. Best just to let this work itself out over the course of the month.

In more exciting news, I'm going to San Onofre for a little surf/camp deal with Melah and the drunken midget. God help me, why did I decide to stop drinking?!

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

savannah said...

well, ok then, Hye. . .

captain chaos said...

I know, right? I'm bringing a camera to document the madness. Also, it's all longboards all day with the dog in tow and nature trails. Yeah! As usual, I plan a trip and the jobs come in. Damn.