Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Something has to be done, but nothing too original, because hey, this is Hollywood.

Ah, off for awhile and now it's back to work on two shitty music videos in a row! Melah is back at work and the midget starts school again on Wednesday. I babysat her yesterday and am hanging with her again today, well, part of today. I scheduled a night shoot for tonight out in the middle of nowhere. Actually, it's Aqua Dulce Canyon which is where they used to shoot all of the "alien planet" scenes for the old Star Trek series. Very cheesy. The other great part about the job is that this young Aussie AC who I loathe is on the job. Perhaps I'm only doing it to fuck with him or perhaps it's because my cute friend asked me to help out. No, it's because I'm a pirate and I want the money, all the money. In true B camera fashion I have no intention of doing any real work tonight. I'm going to go through the motions and pass "Go" and collect $500. Oh, almost forgot, the DP is a total prima dona who thinks he's the second coming of Christ because he works on low budget "experimental" videos for hot Silver Lake indie rock bands. All in all, I'm sure I'm going to regret taking this job.

Tomorrow I go and prep for a Weezer video and that kind of makes me happy. I still haven't gotten a whole crew together but I'm sure it'll all work itself out somehow. We'll see. That shoots on Thursday so I'm hoping to prep Wednesday and then pass out for twelve hours as I'm getting the feeling I'll be going from crappy night shoot straight to prep with no sleep in between. Yeah, living the fucking dream in Hollywood! Ha, you know, I was actually getting anxious about bills and work and now look, too much too soon.

By the way, the midget is really spoiled in some minor ways but is a really cool little kid overall. She sat in the gym reading for awhile while I helped a pal along the path to healthy living. All the old queens were gushing over "my little girl" and couldn't believe how well behaved she was. Full disclosure: I had to bribe her to read two chapters of her Narnia book by telling her I'd let her play with my iPhone. Danger Will Robinson, danger! We're off to the beach for a bit and then I ditch her on the side of the road with Ghost and go to work.

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

Momentary Madness said...

Hey, I’m available- the crew. I can do sweet fuck all but that should make me a brilliant actor; if Colin Farrell can do it (I can sweep too)
I wouldn’t go for the Irish surf hype, I’d have to see it to believe it. You may be on the gulf stream, but the Atlantic is bleedin’ cold.

captain chaos said...

Acting? You? Why waste your life with that shit? As for the surf, I don't get it either but the photos do look fun.