Friday, August 29, 2008

It's called a changeover. The movie goes on, and nobody in the audience has any idea.

Reshoots are what happens when people forget to shoot something or shoot it and rush it and it doesn't work for a variety of reasons (i.e. focus, composition, lighting, continuity, blah, blah, blah). I am working on reshoots for what promises to be a horrible movie: Street Fighter. Yep, a movie based on a video game about randomly fighting people and monsters on a sideways scrolling screen is now a "major" motion picture going, I'm sure, straight to video. In the video game the characters were, well, characters. You know, little Asian girl in school girl uniform versus commie beefcake or green monster or some dumb shit. In the movie it seems to be all dressed up stylish people kicking the shit out of each other. Whatever. The pay sucks, we're covering a fight scene for three days, and the whole thing reeks of mediocrity. I'm only doing it to hang out with my friends who are on it and see what happens. The DP is cool but ten years younger than me and kind of green and clearly a trustfund baby. The operator is seven years younger than me and is so green, nervous, and keyed up that his constant jittering while holding the camera resulted in me getting a nice sized cut on the finger. I'm thinking of fragging him if he doesn't chill the fuck out. What a goof ball life I lead. It's no wonder I drink a lot, what with the state of the union and the world and then I'm hanging out with the dopes in Hollywood. Ha! I need to get my head either examined or caved in.

Note to any interested parties: the season of the NFL is upon us and that means Sunday and Monday nights on The Pearl are devoted solely to the pursuit of inebriation and over-eating while watching grown men run around in tights and smash the shit out of each other while chasing the silliest looking ball ever made. Come one, come all but make sure you bring beer or snacks as the galley is might bare these days. It's been a spell since we did any honest pirating...

Peace out, bitches!

2 comments:

savannah said...

we are so down for monday football! i'll make a trader joe's run!!

supernana said...

yeah I didn't think teetotaling and NFL Direct TV package mixed so well.