Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just looks like more of Texas to me.

Ah, Saturday night in el barrio Toonerville! Que rico. I got off work early and walked the dog around for a few miles through Atwater and damn if it doesn't feel like Mexico won SoCal back. You can smell amazing carne asada on every corner and the only music you hear is Mexican rock and roll or ranchera music. Families are out in lawn chairs, the men in either tank tops or buttoned up short sleeves while the women are in summer dresses, enjoying the cool evening air after another stinker of a hot, muggy August day. Fall can't come soon enough for some and too soon for the cholos out tweaking their rides. Personally, I love this time of year because the kids and kooks are leaving the beach to the real surfers and the water is going to get colder soon. Bigger waves, colder water, but still sunny and football and hunting seasons are upon us. I love this time of year. I even started skating again, granted I'm just pushing around on my cruiser board but it still makes me happy and maybe I'll actually be able to ollie again soon. Either way it's still fun.

Peace out, bitches!

No comments: